CURRENT TICKETING PROCEDURES
Please read through this page to be informed about the safety guidelines the theatre has in place. The button to purchase tickets is at the bottom of this page.
Please note that tickets are available to
the general public beginning on February 26th.
North Carolina is currently in Phase 3 of reopening, so the show will open with limited capacity. We are working diligently to be able to open The Green Room safely. Please see the list below for the required procedures we will be following for everyone’s safety. With limited seating, it is very likely that live performances will sell out, so we are encouraging patrons to purchase tickets early either online or by calling the box office at (828) 464-6128. We will also have tickets to watch virtually if you prefer or aren’t able to get a ticket to the live performance.
By purchasing tickets for a live performance, you are agreeing to comply with these guidelines:
- The outside theatre doors will not open until 30 minutes before curtain.
- We will be using General Seating, and patrons will be seated in the order they arrive.
- If you require handicap seating, please call the box office to secure your seats.
- Every other row will be closed, and the staff will assist in seating groups at least 6 feet apart.
- Masks will be required for all patrons, volunteers, and staff while in the building.
- Temperature checks will be required, and hand sanitizer will be provided upon entering the theatre.
- You will be asked if you are free from Covid-19 symptoms.
- Patrons are asked to follow traffic flow patterns and socially distance during their time at the theatre including during intermission, while visiting the restroom, and upon exiting. Staff and ushers will be available to assist.
- Water fountains will not be available.
- Normal concessions will not be available, but for your convenience, we will have small bottles of cold water available at intermission. The cost will be $1.00, and we ask that you bring correct change.
- Cast members will not be available to greet you in the lobby following the performances.
- Programs will be one performance use only. Patrons will be encouraged to take their program home with them.