The Green Room Community Theatre seeks Executive Director
The Green Room Community Theatre is seeking a full-time Executive Director to manage and oversee all functions of the organization. The Green Room is a thriving organization based in the beautiful state-of-the-art Old Post Office Playhouse located in historic downtown Newton, North Carolina.
The Executive Director (ED) reports to The Green Room’s Board of Directors and is responsible to provide leadership, oversight of all programming, and general office and financial management to the theatre. Additionally, he/she will be expected to project a positive, cooperative relationship with the community and Green Room volunteers while promoting civic awareness. A strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to collaborate well with others are essential in the qualified candidate.
Appreciation of the arts is a must. Understanding the daily operations of a community theater is helpful, but not a requirement.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the Board of Directors to support and guide the organization’s mission and to define both long-term goals and short-term objectives in view of the theatre’s strategic plan. The ED will provide administrative leadership and staff support to the Board and its committees, prepare for and attend all Board meetings and committee meetings as requested, and perform a wide range of Board liaison functions.
- Lead annual development and fundraising with a focus on increasing the donor and sponsorship base. Help plan and implement fundraising strategies, securing sponsors and corporate partners, solicit major gifts, and search and apply for grant opportunities.
- Prepare financial documentation for the board (budgets, reports, etc.) and prepare and submit all pertinent tax reports – monthly, quarterly, and annually. Maintain accounts payable and receivable through QuickBooks.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the theatre. Oversee & ensure employees are on task, have the tools they need, and complete aspects of their jobs.
- Oversee each season’s programming including shows, creative/production team personnel, producers, budgeting, and funding.
- Oversee the care, management, and security of the theatre including maintenance, repairs, and improvements.
- Oversee general public relations, communication, education, and outreach functions in order to foster a positive view within the community. Participate in the arts community and community at large. Work closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations. Attend seminars, webinars, and training to ensure continued personal development.
- Working with the Creative Director and the Marketing Director, develop and implement marketing strategies and oversee the generation and printing of mailers, flyers, posters, and other published documents, as well as website and digital content.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
A more detailed job description is available upon request.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Required.
Experience in leadership roles involving community outreach, fundraising, and management is preferred.
Application: Please prepare a cover letter which includes why you are excited to be a part of The Green Room team and why you believe you are the best candidate for this position. In your resume, along with background and experience, include computer and office skills and knowledge.
Please submit your cover letter and detailed resume to:
Cathy Banner, Executive Director
Applications will be accepted through February 29, 2024.